ali songang

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Friday, 14 January 2011

Review: The Green Hornet (1/2 star)

Posted on 09:51 by anderson
Jay Chou (left) as Kato, sidekick to
Seth Rogen's "The Green Hornet"
Well now I just feel like a big meanie. I stand by every word in my harsh review "The Green Hornet" but, after reading the "reviews" by the sweet middle school girls on the U-T's movie panel, I am reminded how long-dead that kid inside me is. The kid who just showed up at the cineplex and darn well liked whatever movie gave me the chance to hang out with my friends for a few hours and eat candy without any parental disturbance. Of course, movies didn't cost two weeks' allowance back then -- and walking up that hill barefoot in the snow was also kind of a drag.

For any discerning grownups out there, go see Mike Leigh's "Another Year," which opens in San Diego this weekend. Or just rent "Kick Ass" if you're in the mood to let off a little pubescent steam without feeling entirely insulted.
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in Me, reviews, seth rogen, Union-Tribune | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • Teenage Filmmakers, Latino Film and Monopoly? You Bet!
    I'm happy to say that I have three LOCAL film-related stories in today's Union-Tribune. San Diego may be just a short drive away fro...
  • Wrapping up SXSW
    I'm writing from 30,000 feet as I make my way home from SXSW and attempt to get my head back in the game of regular life.  While reading...
  • "Win Win" interview, review (3 stars); Source Code (2 1/2 stars)
    The last two weeks have been jampacked with press tours and I'm heading out the door for yet another, this time with Morgan Spurlock, di...
  • My Own Personal Summer Blockbuster
    While I'm sure there's plenty to say -- good or bad -- about Baz Luhrmann's glitzy 3-D version of "The Great Gatsby," ...
  • For Your Consideration: My 2013 Oscar Ballot
    After a case of early-onset Oscar fatigue , I was surprised to find myself rather interested in the race while processing my prediction...
  • Reviews: "Somewhere" and "Blue Valentine"
    Talk about opposite ends of the opinion spectrum. This week I reviewed Derek Cianfrance's " Blue Valentine " (3 1/2 stars), an...
  • "Evil Dead's" Bruce Campbell, SXSW Interview
    I sat down with Bruce Campbell the day after the SXSW premiere of Evil Dead , which he produced along with his good friends and ...
  • Reviews: The Last Lions (4 stars); Of Gods & Men (4 stars)
    Movies can seem rather trivial when compared to the disaster in Japan, but I'm relieved to say I've been in communication with my de...
  • On Second Thought: "Life of Pi"
    I saw "Life of Pi" in October, several weeks before it was released, in preparation for a phone interview with its director, Ang L...
  • Stewart's Shades of Gray
    When Jon Stewart takes a vacation, the news of the world gets a little harder to take. I'm not one of those people who rely on The Daily...

Categories

  • Academy Awards
  • Ang Lee
  • animals
  • animation
  • Anne Heche
  • awards
  • Batman
  • books
  • Bradley Cooper
  • celebrity crush
  • Chris Evans
  • Colin Farrell
  • Comic-Con
  • complaining
  • critics
  • Daily Show
  • David O. Russell
  • documentaries
  • Ed Helms
  • Elizabeth Olsen
  • Emma Stone
  • fanboys
  • Feedback
  • film criticsm
  • film festivals
  • Fox News
  • holidays
  • Hollywood
  • horror
  • Industry
  • interviews
  • Ira Glass
  • J.J. Abrams
  • Jake Gyllenhaal
  • James Franco
  • January Jones
  • Jennifer Aniston
  • Jennifer Lawrence
  • Joe Wright
  • John C Reilly
  • John Sayles
  • Liam Neeson
  • marketing
  • Me
  • media
  • Michael Fassbender
  • Mike Birbiglia
  • Morgan Spurlock
  • movie studio
  • movie theaters
  • movies
  • Music
  • Netflix
  • Off the Clock
  • On Second Thought
  • Oscars
  • Pixar
  • podcasts
  • politics
  • reviews
  • romantic comedy
  • Ryan Gosling
  • San Diego
  • Scorsese
  • screenings
  • SDFCS
  • Sean Durkin
  • seth rogen
  • Steven Spielberg
  • SXSW
  • Terrence Malick
  • This American Life
  • Thora Birch
  • Tom McCarthy
  • TV
  • UCTV
  • Union-Tribune
  • Weinsteins
  • Wikipedia
  • women in film
  • Woody Allen
  • YouTube

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (7)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2012 (10)
    • ►  December (1)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (1)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ▼  2011 (35)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  October (2)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (3)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (3)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ▼  January (2)
      • Review: The Green Hornet (1/2 star)
      • Reviews: "Somewhere" and "Blue Valentine"
  • ►  2010 (12)
    • ►  December (4)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  September (5)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

anderson
View my complete profile