ali songang

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Thursday, 28 July 2011

Whatever Will I Wear?

Posted on 12:24 by anderson
In today's Night & Day section, you'll find my preview of the La Jolla Fashion Film Festival, taking place this Friday and Saturday. While the event is centered around two nights of short films screened at the Museum of Contemporary Art La Jolla, the gathering itself is all about the fashionistas it hopes to draw.

My interest in fashion falls under two essential categories -- comfort and cost. And my wardrobe reflects that. So the thought of actually attending the festival didn't even cross my mind. That is, until the festival's director, Fred Sweet, simply insisted that I find something funky to throw on and be a part of the festivities. What can I say? He's very convincing.

But I wasn't going to go without some support, so I reached out to my two fashionable friends (at least they are compared to me) and invited each to be my plus one for the festival's two night run. If they can't help to elevate my look, then at the very least I'll be with people who looks like they belong there.

Meanwhile, I'll be enjoying the scenery as I'm sure there will be plenty of quality people watching. Isn't that what fashion is all about -- getting people to look at you?
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in film festivals | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • Teenage Filmmakers, Latino Film and Monopoly? You Bet!
    I'm happy to say that I have three LOCAL film-related stories in today's Union-Tribune. San Diego may be just a short drive away fro...
  • Wrapping up SXSW
    I'm writing from 30,000 feet as I make my way home from SXSW and attempt to get my head back in the game of regular life.  While reading...
  • "Win Win" interview, review (3 stars); Source Code (2 1/2 stars)
    The last two weeks have been jampacked with press tours and I'm heading out the door for yet another, this time with Morgan Spurlock, di...
  • My Own Personal Summer Blockbuster
    While I'm sure there's plenty to say -- good or bad -- about Baz Luhrmann's glitzy 3-D version of "The Great Gatsby," ...
  • For Your Consideration: My 2013 Oscar Ballot
    After a case of early-onset Oscar fatigue , I was surprised to find myself rather interested in the race while processing my prediction...
  • Reviews: "Somewhere" and "Blue Valentine"
    Talk about opposite ends of the opinion spectrum. This week I reviewed Derek Cianfrance's " Blue Valentine " (3 1/2 stars), an...
  • "Evil Dead's" Bruce Campbell, SXSW Interview
    I sat down with Bruce Campbell the day after the SXSW premiere of Evil Dead , which he produced along with his good friends and ...
  • Reviews: The Last Lions (4 stars); Of Gods & Men (4 stars)
    Movies can seem rather trivial when compared to the disaster in Japan, but I'm relieved to say I've been in communication with my de...
  • On Second Thought: "Life of Pi"
    I saw "Life of Pi" in October, several weeks before it was released, in preparation for a phone interview with its director, Ang L...
  • Stewart's Shades of Gray
    When Jon Stewart takes a vacation, the news of the world gets a little harder to take. I'm not one of those people who rely on The Daily...

Categories

  • Academy Awards
  • Ang Lee
  • animals
  • animation
  • Anne Heche
  • awards
  • Batman
  • books
  • Bradley Cooper
  • celebrity crush
  • Chris Evans
  • Colin Farrell
  • Comic-Con
  • complaining
  • critics
  • Daily Show
  • David O. Russell
  • documentaries
  • Ed Helms
  • Elizabeth Olsen
  • Emma Stone
  • fanboys
  • Feedback
  • film criticsm
  • film festivals
  • Fox News
  • holidays
  • Hollywood
  • horror
  • Industry
  • interviews
  • Ira Glass
  • J.J. Abrams
  • Jake Gyllenhaal
  • James Franco
  • January Jones
  • Jennifer Aniston
  • Jennifer Lawrence
  • Joe Wright
  • John C Reilly
  • John Sayles
  • Liam Neeson
  • marketing
  • Me
  • media
  • Michael Fassbender
  • Mike Birbiglia
  • Morgan Spurlock
  • movie studio
  • movie theaters
  • movies
  • Music
  • Netflix
  • Off the Clock
  • On Second Thought
  • Oscars
  • Pixar
  • podcasts
  • politics
  • reviews
  • romantic comedy
  • Ryan Gosling
  • San Diego
  • Scorsese
  • screenings
  • SDFCS
  • Sean Durkin
  • seth rogen
  • Steven Spielberg
  • SXSW
  • Terrence Malick
  • This American Life
  • Thora Birch
  • Tom McCarthy
  • TV
  • UCTV
  • Union-Tribune
  • Weinsteins
  • Wikipedia
  • women in film
  • Woody Allen
  • YouTube

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (7)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2012 (10)
    • ►  December (1)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (1)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ▼  2011 (35)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  October (2)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ▼  July (4)
      • Whatever Will I Wear?
      • Celebrity Crush: Chris Evans as Captain America
      • "Ghost World" 10th Anniversary Screening (God, we'...
      • Time Traveling with Larry Sanders
    • ►  June (3)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (3)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2010 (12)
    • ►  December (4)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  September (5)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

anderson
View my complete profile